ABOUT THE AFCEA LEXINGTON-CONCORD CHAPTER
The Lexington-Concord Chapter of AFCEA was chartered on September 28, 1960. The chapter consists of more than 800 members, and is the third largest chapter. The membership profile shows approximately 50 percent of the members affiliated with industry, 25 percent with civil service, 20 percent military and five percent from academic institutions.
For 60 years, the Lexington-Concord Chapter has been supporting students in the Boston area. A key facet of AFCEA's mission is to encourage students to enter science and engineering careers—Defense and non-defense related—because we believe a strong and creative technical workforce is essential to America’s future.
The Chapter offers a full calendar year of both professional and social events that bring the local government, military, industry, academic, and civilian communities of interest together. Proceeds of these events benefit a variety of philanthropic endeavors.
In 2018/2019, we gave more than $75,000 in scholarships to students in the communities surrounding Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts. That includes:
- $25,000 in scholarships to local high school seniors under the Chapter's Fellowship program
- $22,000 in scholarships for the 21 area Reserve Officer Training Corps detachments
- $5,000 to Enlisted Aid for Education to Hanscom Air Force Base
- $6,000 in scholarships to Middlesex Community College
- $4,000 in science grants to area high schools
- $3,000 in STEM classes from Children's Discovery Museum for Hanscom schools
- $4,000 for local schools RocketBox programs and DonorsChoose STEM initiatives
Become a member of the Lexington-Concord Chapter…one of AFCEA’s largest, most active and award-winning chapters!
What’s in it for you?
- NETWORKING ...You'll obtain excellent access to an extensive, world-wide network of professionals
- Stimulating Chapter and Regional Activities
- National/International Conventions, Conferences and Symposia
- EDUCATION ...You'll be offered world-class advanced education and training in communications, intelligence and Information systems
- Awards and Scholarship programs for Professional and Academic accomplishments
- CAREER TRANSITION ...You'll find seminars, job fairs, resume preparation guides and FREE on-line job access and posting
- SIGNAL MAGAZINE … You’ll stay up-to-date through monthly issues of SIGNAL, the premier professional journal of communications, electronics, intelligence and information systems
- PROFESSIONAL DISCOUNTS ...You'll receive special prices on career-related certification courses, and on Dell Computer products and on-line training
WHY WAIT? Join the more than 32,000 thousand professionals whose careers are already being enriched through AFCEA membership.