Congratulations to Stephan Nadeau and Kate Stowe as Industry and Government Co-Presidents for the Lexington-Concord Young AFCEAns!
The Young AFCEAns are AFCEA (Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association) members under the age of 40. Our organization provides an ethical networking environment for Industry and Government professionals and promotes Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education through the following chapter activities:
- Hosting social networking events
- Mentoring at local schools
- Awarding student scholarships
- Sponsoring technology events
- Judging Science Fairs
- Arranging mentorship sessions with senior Military & Industry members
Young AFCEAn mentorship activities are generally tailored toward career and leadership development and access to senior leaders that would not otherwise be gained outside of a Young AFCEAn association. Young AFCEAns practice their leadership skills as active members of their local chapters, in the Region as special representatives, or even at the International level on the Young AFCEAn Advisory Council.
Recent accomplishments and highlights of the Lexington-Concord Young AFCEANs include:
- Receiving AFCEA Internationalís Young AFCEAn Program Award four out of the last five years!
- Holding mentorship events that included luncheons and golf tournaments
- Assisting in organizing and running the New Horizons and MILCOM Conferences
- Arranging a Coast Guard Cutter tour with networking lunch session
- Organizing a Lockheed Martin F-35 simulator tour and demonstration
- Sponsoring Young AFCEAn attendance at a Red Sox game with pre-game social networking event
- Spearheading a ďRocket Box?program to provide action-oriented STEM-related activity to local middle school students
- Volunteering at MATHCOUNTS?State competition, grading tests and awarding $250 for the studentís college fund to each of the top ten finalists
- Supporting deployed Young AFCEAn members in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait, sending baseball equipment for the troops and providing 100 Red Sox hats to deployed Young AFCEANs
- Hosting informal monthly networking socials.
For further information on Young AFCEANs or to offer suggestions on programs and events,
please contact us:
Interested in joining? Your first year is free! Please fill out the
First Year Young AFCEAN Membership Application
and send it as an attachment to either of us at the above e-mail addresses.